WhatsApp Payments is based on the UPI service. The UPI is live for maximum users in their beta version. But note one thing that WhatsApp Payment feature is only available at WhatsApp 2.18.41 version for Android and for iOS 2.18.21 version must have. This new update will open a new gate for its users to make quick transactions. It very immediate feature that provides the fast money access for transaction purpose. Here, today I’ll discuss that How to Send and receive money? Also, How to link the bank account to your WhatsApp Payment.
What is Exactly WhatsApp Payments?
As you know, the WhatsApp Payment option is based on Unified Payments Interface (UPI). The WhatsApp Payment option is an option to pay merchant payments or other merchandise. Generally, it is totally based on UPI where you can directly credit the payment from any bank accounts.
When someone sends money to your WhatsApp account and if your WhatsApp phone number is linked on your bank account, then is not required to provide the Virtual-Payments-Address (VPA) or your bank account number or bank’s IFSC code to complete the process of money transactions.
How to Link Bank Account to Your WhatsApp Payments:
Below are some points to link your WhatsApp account with your bank account. The steps are easy and can be done by yourself, so carefully read out the steps mentioned here.
- Open your WhatsApp account.
- Click on serial three dots and you will see three dots on your WhatsApp home page.
- Now click on the Settings option.
- Tap on the “Notification” option and after that, the “Payments” option will show on the screen, you just click on the option.
- Now click on the “ACCEPT AND CONTINUE” button.
- It will send an SMS and ask to verify your phone number, click the “VERIFY VIA SMS” option.
- The App will send an SMS and ask to complete your verification process.
- Now all bank names will show when the UPI will be supported. The format is the last 4 digits of your bank account and your bank name.
- If you have more accounts in the same bank then it will give you multiple options. You can pick the particular bank which you want to link on with WhatsApp.
- The App will fetch the details and show the bank account number.
- Now finally you can see a message that your setup is complete.
How to delete or change bank account in your WhatsApp Payments:
If you have many bank accounts and you need to add or change or delete another bank account then below given points will help you to do it.
- Open your WhatsApp account.
- Now you can see the three dots on your top right corner and click these dots.
- Click the “add new account” option and the list of banks will show on the page.
- When you choose the bank account then it will show your bank details and add your bank account with WhatsApp Payments.
- Either you can set up the account as a primary account to receive and send payments or you can also remove it.
- After clicking the bank you can see the bank setting option as your primary or secondary to send or receive payments.
How to make WhatsApp Payments:
You can send money easily to your friends within individual chats, or also send payments to a group with the help of WhatsApp Payments. This makes your task easy without visiting banks or deposit machines. The process is simple and convenient which saves your time in a perspective way. Keeps your transaction secure with its encryption mode to a successful transaction. The payment maintains privacy within you and the party whom with you make a transaction.
WhatsApp Payments – How to send money:
- Whom you need to send payment to his either her individual chats.
- Click the “Clip” icon and you have found the “Payment” option, just tap on the “Payment” option.
- If your payment receiver has the latest version of WhatsApp and configured the bank account then you can send the money following a message, tap on the send option.
- It will show you to enter the 4 digits of UPI pin.
- When you complete authentication then money will be sent to your friend.
- You can get the transaction details by an SMS from your bank.
When you want to send money to a group then the process is the same as like above.
WhatsApp Payments – How to receive money:
When your friends send you some money then WhatsApp will send a message. You can check the bank account details for your money received confirmation and to get sure of the transaction held with your respective account.