From the past few centuries to the present the women community of India has suffered a lot. But now our Government of India has launched various Schemes to solve their problems. And one of these scheme is the scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG) – SABLA Yojana. Now on this post I am about to discuss about Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG).
Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG) – SABLA Yojana
This Scheme will provide Health and Nutrition Services. The SAG Schemes aims to implements over 205 districts in the country in the year of 2010. But now Central Govt. has expands the SAG Scheme in the year of 2017 to 2018 within other 303 districts which means total 508 districts in the Country. Along with this Scheme Central government also implement KSY (Kishori Shakti Yojana). Under its phase wise expansion all NER (North Eastern Region) districts will get include.
Details about Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG):
Pradhan Mantri has launched various Schemes such as Atal Pension Yojana, Bachat Lamp Scheme, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, etc. for promote rural areas people. But now P.M has launched A Scheme for Adolescent girls. This Scheme will help specially focus on school girls in the age of 11- 18 years. SAG Scheme will improve their health and nutritional status and upgrade their various skills like life skills, vocational skills and home skills.
Purpose of the Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG):
Following are the list of main Purpose of Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG).
- To improve self empowerment and development of adolescent girls.
- The motive of the SAG to improve health status and nutrition of adolescent girls.
- Awareness about ARSH (Adolescent Reproductive and Sexual Health), hygiene, and health.
- It also provides life skills and home based skills with mainstreaming adolescent girls in non formal or formal education.
- The SAG Scheme also delivers guidance on public services like as Post Office, Police Station, PHC and Bank.
Below given link will help for candidate to see the official notification of SAG Scheme.
Coverage details of Scheme for Adolescent Services (SAG):
- The Pradhan Mantri has already started to make it clear that after this new Scheme the govt. will cover and try more districts by November 2018.
- In this time the Scheme was cover on 205 districts by year of 2010. But now Central government aims to cover over 508 districts with the same country under the year 2017-18.
- In the year of 2018-19 Central govt. aims to implement the Scheme on Universal in other residual districts.
- Along with this Scheme the Central govt. also aims to cover north eastern regions with Kishori Shakti Yojana (KSY).
Benefits of SAG Scheme:
Below given services are provided under the Scheme for Adolescent Girls.
- Supplementation of IFA (Iron and Folic Acid).
- NHE services which means Nutrition and Health Education.
- Referral and Health Check up services.
- Guidance/ Counselling on ARSH, Home management, Family Welfare and Child care practices.
- Under the NSDP (National Skill Development Program) provided the vocational training for 16 year and above 16 years old girls.
- Healthy Nutrition has supplied to Adolescent Girls.
- Accessing public services and Life Skill Education.
Beneficiaries of under the Scheme for Adolescent Girls:
The latest updates Scheme of Central govt. will very beneficial for Adolescent girls who belongs to the age less than 11 to 18 years old.
Funds allocated under the Scheme for Adolescent girls:
After releasing this SAG Scheme Central govt. has set Rs. 61021.36 lakhs budget for the year of 2014-15. Now for implementation in the year of 2017-18 Central govt. has allocated their fund with Rs. 33359.64 lakhs.
How to Apply of Scheme for Adolescent Girls:
Contact any of the following centers to applying of the SAG Scheme (SABLA Yojana).
- Child Development Project Officers at Block Level.
- Anganwadi Workers at Village Level.
- Concerned District Programme Officer Or.
- Supervisor at Block Level.