The RERA which stands for Real Estate Regulatory act is a law that has been launched to protect the home buyers from the fraud builders in real estate business. The main question is How to file online/offline complaint against builder under REGA? And what kind of information is required and action is taken against the complain? So here in this post you will know about the process in details about registering grievances under RERA in Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Karnataka.
How to file RERA complaint?
There is a specific format for RERA complain, as the process of logging complain is different in different states due to the difference in governing authorities. If there is any kind of disobedience occur in the RERA act then one can file a complaint. So below is the information for logging complaint under RERA.
- Address and Number of registration of the project
- Statement regarding the complaint
- And the expectation in return of your complaint.
Know Who Can File a Complaint:
As per the law of the of Karnataka any person can log a complaint to the governing body if he/she sees any violation under RERA. The form n which is accompanied by an expense of rupee one thousand should be paid in the form of a demand draft to a nationalized bank or cooperative bank in the name of the regularity authority.
So any one can complaint against the violation of REGA act by paying a fee of 1000 rupees in Karnataka and 5000 rupees in Maharashtra.
It may be under the jurisdiction of the state but it was first implemented by the central government of India. Hence there may be a little bit change in law as the state government looks after the complaint.
How to file online complaint against builders under RERA?
RERA is a law made centrally for all of India. Maybe the methods and implementation process are different when you move from one state from another. After RERA comes into play the states like Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Gujarat has introduces online websites for the benefits of buyers, builders and agents.
The process of logging a complaint against and promoter or builder under RERA is provided below. Here I will tell you the process file a complaint in the state of Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Gujarat as most the process of other states are resemblances with these states.
Complaint Under RERA in Karnataka:
As you know until now that RERA is monitored by the state government even though it was come in to play by the central government. As you know that all the states are under the RERA law but here I will be explaining the process to register a grievance in the state of Karnataka. So steps are as follows for registering complaint.
- Click here to visit the official website of RERA in the state of Karnataka.
- Provide the information accordingly that are shown such as email id, contact number, name and address.
- In this step you have to pin down the name and other details of the person of whom you are logging an complaint.
- Next step you have to give the details of the complaint such as subject, and some important points that you want to be focused. You can attach some valid document as a proof to your complaint.
- Then you have to pay a sum of 1000 INR using internet banking. You can also provide the khajane II challan as a proof of payment.
- Next hit the submit tab.
- Once it is submitted an acknowledgment number will be provided that you have to save for future use.
Complaint Under RERA in Maharashtra:
The Maharashtra Government also launches the facility to register complaint on their RERA website. And following are the steps to logging complaint in Maharashtra.
- First you have to visit the official website of RERA in Maharashtra.
- Then new window will be displayed with the option for new registration.
- Here you have to provide your details such as username, password, email, mobile number. Once all the details are provided then hit submit button and then you will receive a confirmation email. Then click the activation link in the email.
- After the account is verified then login to the website then type in the complaint and pay the money to the authority.
Complaint Under RERA in Gujarat
Step 1 – In order to register RERA complaint in the Gujarat State, you need to go to Gujarat RERA portal. On the home page, you will find a link for Complaint Registration.
Step 2 – Once you click on the Complaint Registration link, you will be redirected to the page where you need to provide details of the complaint.
Step 3 – You need to input your name, address, contact details and details of the complaint. You have an option to attach supporting document.
Step 4 – You need to pay Rs.1000 for the registration of complaint. You can use net banking facility for the payment.
Step 5 – Provide acceptance on the declaration and submit the complaint by pressing the submit button.
Complaint Under RERA in Uttar Pradesh(UP)
RERA complaint in Uttar Pradesh can be filed before following authorities depending upon the kind of grievance-
(i) Complaint to RERA Adjudicating Officer – Any complaint relating to claim of interest and compensation, which is covered by section 12, 14, 18 and 19, of RERA Act, 2016, can be filed in form ‘N’ before Uttar Pradesh RERA Adjudicating officer. The complaint shall be filed with the fees of Rs. 1000/-.
(ii) Complaint to Uttar Pradesh RERA Authority –
- Any complaint relating to violations of RERA Act, or RERA Rules and regulations,
- Except those which can be filed with RERA adjudicating officer,
- Can be filed before RERA Authority in form ‘M’ either physical or on its portal
- After paying the prescribed fees of Rs. 1000/-.
The RERA Authority shall, after following the prescribed procedure, dispose the complaint within 60 days of filing. If it is not disposed in said period, the officer shall record the reasons.
(iii) Complaint to Uttar Pradesh RERA Tribunal – RERA tribunal is second appellate authority.
- Any person aggrieved by order of RERA authority or adjudicating officer
- may file complaint to Uttar Pradesh RERA tribunal in form “L” in physical or on its portal within 60 days from the date of receipt of such order after paying the prescribed fees