The department of telecommunications (DoT) is going to implement machine-to-machine (M2M) communication service in India, which will roll out the Internet of Things (IOT). All the 10 digit mobile numbers will be converted to 13 digit M2M SIM by 31st december 2018.
DoT has given the following guidelines on M2M communication:
- It was decided that 13 digit M2M numbering plan will be implemented from 1st July, 2018. From this date onwards, all new M2M mobile connection will be allocated 13 digit number only.
- All TSP’s must ensure that their network elements including IT and other relevant systems are alligned with 13-digit numbering for M2M SIM’s before 1st July 2018.
- The readiness of LI system has also to be ensured for 13 digit number before 1st July 2018.
- Migration of existing 10 digit M2M numbers to 13 digits will start latest by 1 October 2018 and shall be completed by 31st december 2018.
Trai, in its proposals, had likewise recommended delicensing 1 MHz of range from the 867-868 MHz band and a lump of 6 MHz of range from the 915-935 MHz band with a specific end goal to encourage smooth take off of M2M administrations. It had additionally recommended delicensing the V-band (57-64 GHz) on need.
Besides, no different range band should be allotted only for M2M communication, the controller had stated, including that it would return to the requirement for more authorized range for get to administrations for M2M correspondence after the World Radiocommunication Conference in 2019.
What is Machine-to-Machine M2M Communication?
Machine to machine (M2M) is a wide mark that can be utilized to portray any innovation that empowers arranged gadgets to trade data and perform activities without the manual help of people.
Machine to machine alludes to coordinate correspondence between gadgets utilizing any interchanges channel, including wired and remote. Machine to machine correspondence can incorporate mechanical instrumentation, empowering a sensor or meter to impart the information it records, (for example, temperature, stock level, and so on.) to application programming that can utilize it.
Machine Prognostic and Health Management:
Machine to machine remote systems can serve to enhance the generation and productivity of machines, to improve the unwavering quality and security of complex frameworks, and to advance the life-cycle administration for key resources and items. By applying Prognostic and Health Management (PHM) procedures in machine organizes, the accompanying objectives can be accomplished or made strides:
- Near-zero downtime performance of machines and system;
- Health management of a fleet of similar machines.
Remote systems that are altogether interconnected can serve to enhance generation and proficiency in different territories, including apparatus that chips away at building autos and on telling the designers of items when certain items should be taken in for upkeep and for what reason. Such data serves to streamline items that shoppers purchase and attempts to keep them all working at most astounding effectiveness.